Saturday, July 25, 2015

Made Up Sausage & Cabbage


If you don’t like cabbage then this recipe is not for you. This isn’t one of those Pinterest recipes where “ It tastes just like chocolate cake, My Hubby couldn’t tell the difference”. No, this is cabbage and it tastes like cabbage. Adam and I happen to really enjoy cabbage, and thus really enjoyed tonight’s dinner.  I did see this dish on Pinterest, and  so if you want the official recipe 
click here to go to the blog where the recipe is. 

As some of you know, I tend to change recipes a lot. So as it happened, tonight I made Kielbasa and cabbage, but those was about the only same ingredients. Oh and salt!
 Just to clarify, I didn't change the recipe because I didn't think it would taste good, I think the original recipe looks amazing and I still want to try it.  I just didn't have those ingredients, so tonight I made it up.

Ingredients 

Sausage (Kielbasa) 
Cabbage
Salt
Pepper
Onion Powder
Chili Pepper Flakes
Sweet Chili Sauce
Butter or Oil 

First, Heat up a frying pan with a bit of butter or oil to cook your sausage, (Kielbasa is already cooked, but "browning it" produces nice flavour for the cabbage) Next, slice up your sausage and place it in the frying pan.  Fry for a few mins until the meat is brownish, then flip and cook the other side.


Xena was very interested in dinner while, I was cutting up the meat. 
Note: If you have a blog be careful how many pictures you take while cooking meat. It might get a bit too dark.
While the meat is cooking,  cut up your cabbage. I really, really wanted to add onion to this recipe but I didn't have any in the house, so as a side note, onion is worth adding.  I made my cabbage sort of a square cut, but you are more that welcome to do what ever you want. Also the bigger leafs can be saved as a garnish. 





Add the cabbage to the frying pan. Add your seasonings  For seasonings I added, onion powder, (Its a sad substitute for not having onions.) Hot pepper flakes, salt, pepper , and 2 Tbs of sweet chili sauce ( yes the kind you dip egg rolls in ) I know it might sound weird but it tasted really yummy.  I didn't really measure my seasonings, it was sort of a dash of this and that, so just make it to taste. Cook on medium heat until the cabbage becomes translucent 8-10 minutes. It will look similar to this when it is ready.


Place in a bowl or serving dish and surround with the top cabbage leaves as a garnish. 

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds very yummy. Thanks for the lovely photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, :) it was very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, dear sister'o'mine and other bloggers. I am doing a 40 day challenge on my blog, one new design a day and will feature another blog each day, as well. So, if you would like to be featured, you can submit your name to ashtreemeadowdesigns@gmail.com (or just tell me).
    http://asweetreminiscence.blogspot.ca/2015/08/forty-designs-in-forty-days-challenge.html And check out the 40 days of design :D

    ReplyDelete