Friday, July 24, 2015

Scents of Summer

 
  Well it's Friday, and it's hot! 
What more could you ask for? ....How about some lovely scents? 


You know its the perfect house cleaning day when the sun is shining, there is a slight breeze, you can open the windows, let in the fresh air, and everything smells so clean and good. Well today is my cleaning the house day, and currently it says online that it is 88°F outside. According to my fancy thermometer in the garden is over 100° F in the sun. Now it could be wrong, but lets just agree its rather hot outside, and therefore I have the air on.  Anyways, to keep in the fresh cleaning mood I decided to try out a recipe that I saw online for Stove Top Potpourri.  You can do this with lots of different ingredients, but today I used whats listed below. 
Peppermint
Rosemary

Summer Time Potpourri

2 Limes
1 Lemon
1 tsp Vanilla Extract    
2-3 fresh sprigs Rosemary 
2-3 fresh sprigs Peppermint
2-3 cups water

Pour the water into a pot and boil on back burner. Slice up the limes and lemon, and toss all ingredients into the boiling water.  Boil for 1-2 mins then turn down the heat and let the pot simmer for as long as you want your house to smell great.  2-4 hrs is best. 





That's it, and it really does smell great. I used fresh rosemary and peppermint from our garden. 

Sunflower from our garden


3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to do stovetop potpourri for a while now and this one looks so fresh, I shall see if I can scrounge up some of herbs from our dilapidated garden. And your photos are lovely too by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you, It smells like a delicious dessert, so it might make you hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! these are beautiful pictures! <3

    ReplyDelete